Summer Training is for boys entering Grades 7 -12. YOU CAN ONLY PARTICIPATE BY SUBMITTING THE REQUIRED FORMS – NO EXCEPTIONS.
Per school board approval we will begin offering “open gyms” for the boys soccer team. Our first session is Monday, June 29th, 6-8pm, at East High Field One. Please refer to the new tab on the homepage “2020 summer schedule: time and location” that lists all open gyms throughout the summer. The following are the required COVID protocols for boys to participate.
(1) MUST submit the participation and emergency form: EASD – Participation Consent and Release – Final Draft
(2) MUST submit the pre workout health clearance form EVERY session: EASD Pre-workout Screening Form
(3) MUST bring your own water container with name clearly on it – no sharing
(4) MUST maintain social distancing during water breaks or in bench area (6ft apart)
(5) MUST wear a face mask when submitting paperwork to supervising coach at the beginning of the session. Keep our coaching staff safe!
(6) Equipment will be sanitized every hour by supervising coaches: including balls
(7) If you arrive late during open gym you must wait to be recognized at the turf gate by the supervising coach: Do not enter without permission.
(8) Training vests will be returned individually – do not touch other training vests.
(9) Follow the rules for training. We will continue to use our scrimmage approach while we remain in the green phase. Do not exchange high fives, fist bumps, etc. Do not touch another player. You are not required to wear a face mask while playing or when maintaining social distancing.
Together we can make this work but failure to abide by the rules will result in immediate dismissal from the training session. Coaches will be wearing face masks as required by district policy guidelines. Come with a positive attitude and a commitment to use the sessions to try new footwork and master passing accuracy. Any questions can be sent to Coach Sostack at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lastly, the big question: Are you running in the summer to get fit? Use the workouts provided by Coach Derr found in the tabs. You MUST report to preseason FIT – no excuses. GO BEARS!